SHARE YOUR GIFT
Become a Mentee
Girls With Gifts welcomes talented young ladies, between the ages of 12 and 18, who want to explore, develop and share their gifts. We invite you to apply to our “Reach Back, Pull Forward” summer program. In order to become a mentee and participant in our “Reach Back, Pull Forward” summer program, please click the link below to apply.
APPLICATION AND PARTICIPATION POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- Submit a completed Mentee Application online. Please complete all fields. All application information is necessary.
- All applicants will be contacted late spring. Those who meet the criteria will be scheduled for an in-person interview where they will “audition” or showcase their talent for GWG’s Selections Team.
- Once the audition or showcase is over, applicants will have a short interview that will also determine whether the applicant is the right fit for GWG.
- After the showcase and interview, the applicant will be constructively critiqued and advised on their presentation.
- Applicants will be notified of acceptance shortly after.
- If accepted, a Contract of Conduct will be given that will outline terms of conduct, behavior and expectations. Participants will attend an orientation to learn more about the program, agenda and expectations.
- Once officially enrolled in the Reach Back, Pull Forward summer program, mentees will have access to mentors, informational sessions, field trips, and other resources that are available through the organization, specifically for their particular age range and talent/gift.
- Participants are expected to attend all Reach Back, Pull Forward sessions from beginning to end.
MENTEES WILL BE SELECTED BASED ON THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Passion for their gift
- Desire to pursue the arts of entertainment industries
- Prior prep work and understanding of their abilities
- External personal factors will also be considered such as having significant obstacles or challenging circumstances
Online applications should be submitted by April 15 via Reach Back, Pull Forward Mentee Application Link. The program coordinator will contact all applicants by June 1.
Please let us know if you would like a fact sheet or flyer to distribute to your school or other youth organization by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.